Google Calendar Text Reminders
Automatically send a Google Calendar text message reminder to a phone number via TextSpot. Use Zapier to connect your Google Calendar to TextSpot.
*When this happens...
Triggers when a new Google calendar event is created with a phone number in the description.
*Automatically do this...
Send Text Message
Sends a text message via TextSpot at a time and date before the Google calendar event starts.
With Zapier you can connect your Google Calendar to TextSpot in order to automate sending text message reminders and other messages based on events in your calendar. The phone number of the recipient will need to be in the Google Calendar description to work properly.
Use this Zapier template to make the setup process easier!
How to Setup the Google Calendar Text Reminder
- Create a new Zap in your Zapier account and select Google Calendar Event Start as your trigger then select Continue.
- Connect and choose your Google Calendar account then select continue.
- Set up your Google Calendar trigger by selecting the calendar you want to access and the time before the event that you want to send a text message. For example, if you input 1 in the “Time Before” field and hours in the “Time Before (Unit)” field, the text message will send 1 hour before the event start time. Select continue after setting up the trigger.
- Choose TextSpot as the app and event to connect to.
- Connect your TextSpot account to Zapier if you haven’t already.
- Set up the action by composing the text message you want to send. You can connect data like the name of the event to automatically insert into your text message. For the phone number, select the Google Calendar description. You’ll need to make sure the recipient’s phone number is in the description of the Google Calendar even in order for the message to send.
That’s it. You now have successfully created a Google Calendar SMS reminder automation.
Build This Zap
Build this zap with a pre-built template on Zapier now.