Create a text message to send multiple times at the same time and interval to the same contact or group.
Create a Recurring Text Message with TextSpot
Here’s the quick start guide to creating and schedule a recurring (repeat or repetitive) text message using the TextSpot SMS software:
- After you have signed up for a free account or are logged in to your TextSpot account, go to “Dashboard” on the left side.
- Once you are at the Dashboard page you’ll see a “Send A Message” box.
- Select your Recipient(s).
- Select “Recurring” under “Send This Message.”
- Select how often you’d like your message to repeat (interval options can are day, week, month, year).
- Select the start date and time.
- Select when you’d like the recurring message to end (options are never, on a particular date, or after a particular number of occurrences).
- Enter your message in the “Message” field.
- Select “Schedule.”
That’s it. You’ve just schedule a recurring text a message with TextSpot!
What You’ll Need to Send Recurring Messages
- A phone number – You can’t send text messages unless you have a phone number to send the message from. Most SMS marketing platforms, like TextSpot, include a toll-free number with a subscription. It is possible to get your landline enabled to send SMS messages through third party like software like TextSpot.
- A recipient – You of course need at least one contact’s phone number to receive the recurring texts you send.
- An SMS app – SMS apps, like TextSpot, provide you with the ability to schedule texts to repeat any time you’d like.
Your Options for Sending Repeat Texts
There are many different ways to send the same text message over and over again. A repeat or recurring text message has several different components to it, including the
- Repeat Interval
- Send Time & Date
- End Period
Let’s break down all your options for how to send the same text multiple times.
Here’s a screenshot of the TextSpot dashboard with a message being prepared to be scheduled to recur:
Your repeat interval is the time between each repeated text message. You can set repeat messages for any number of days, weeks, months, or years. Here are some examples of repeat intervals:
- If you want to set up a daily recurring text message, you would set the “Repeats every” field to 1 day.
- If you want to set up an every other day repeated message, you would set the “Repeats every” field to 2 days.
- If you want to set up a weekly repeat message, you would set the “Repeats every” field to 1 week, then select the day of the week.
- If you want to set up a weekly repeat message that sends every other Tuesday, you would set the “Repeats every” field to 2 weeks, then select Tuesday.
Send Time & Date
After selecting your repeat interval, you can then select the date and time that you’d like your repeat text message to start sending. In TextSpot, you’ll select the “Start Date” field and then a calendar will show. Here you can pick the first day you’d like your repeated text message to send.
After selecting the start date, you then need to select “Send Time.”
Your send time will be the time your repeat message is sent for as long as your recurring message is active. So, if you create a daily recurring text message and set this time for 1:15 PM, that is the time the text message will be sent every single time.
After selecting the start date and time, the last step for scheduling a recurring text message is to select the end period.
Your options for ending your repetitive text message are:
- Never means your repeat message will continue until the end of time or you either cancel the recurring message or run out of credits on TextSpot.
- On a specific date.
- On a specific date means no further recurring text messages will send after that date.
- After a set number of occurrences.
- This means that after 2, 3, 4… 500 occurrences or whatever you set, the recurring message will end.
Once you’ve selected your repeat interval, send date and time, and end period, you can schedule your repeat message. Be sure to double check that your scheduled message is set to repeat at the appropriate interval and time. Also be sure that you’ve done a spelling and grammar check.
Sending Recurring Text Messages to Contacts & Groups
Your scheduled messages can be sent to individual contacts or to entire groups that you create in TextSpot. When selecting the recipient, either select “To Contact” or “To Group” then select the contact or group you would like to send the repeated message to.
Remember, sending to a group will send it to each contact individually, contacts within the group will not receive the recurring text together. For more information on this visit our mass texting feature or learn about BCC text messaging.
Recurring Texts Use Cases
There are limitless reasons why you would decide to schedule recurring texts. Set up recurring messages if you:
- Want to send out regular meeting reminders to an individual or group of people.
- Want set up customer reminders for regular appointments or check ups.
- Want to send birthday text messages to your customers or audience.
- Want to send yourself or someone else daily, weekly, or monthly reminders.
Recurring Texts and Calendars
Setting recurring calendar events is a common feature in other apps and calendars such as Outlook and Google Calendar. Meetings and events happen with regularity across almost every organization in some form or another.
Currently, TextSpot does not include a calendar integration. However, it will be possible in the future to integrate your Google Calendar so you can easily connect your recurring events with TextSpot to send text messages as reminders at intervals that you set. Intervals could be 1 week before the event, 1 day, 1 hour, or whatever you’d like.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Send a Recurring Text Message?
To schedule and send a recurring text message, you’ll need SMS software with recurring text message capabilities like TextSpot.
- Create your free account.
- Select “Recurring” for the type of text message.
- Set the repeat interval, start date and time, and end period.
- Select “Schedule.”
- You now have scheduled recurring text message.
How to Send the Same Text Message Multiple Times?
With TextSpot, you can send the same message multiple times based on the settings you select. You can set the same message to repeat as often as you’d like at any interval you’d like.
- Select “Recurring” for the type of message.
- Select the repeat interval, start date and time, and end period.
- Select “Schedule.”
- You now have set up the same text message to send multiple times.
Can I Use TextSpot for Recurring Text Reminders?
Yes. TextSpot is the perfect platform for creating and managing recurring text reminders.
How do I make a text message repeat?
Using TextSpot’s “recurring” feature, all you need to do to make a text message repeat is select your group or recipient and then select “Recurring.” You then select the repeat interval, the send time, and when you want the repeat text to stop sending.
START FOR FREE
Create Your Account
Sign up and start sending recurring text messages in minutes.
No credit card required. Takes 3 minutes.